Putting Joy into Literacy Instruction While Unpacking the Standards
We provide support for implementing the Readers Workshop in your classroom through research-based instructional practices. Aspects of Readers Workshop to be explored include:
• Book Clubs
• Non-Fiction Reading Strategies
• Connections to Common Core standards
Participants engage in discussions and hands-on lesson planning. Videos provide opportunities to explore how this fits into the Balanced Literacy framework.
Walk away with activities you can implement to motivate and inspire your students!
Workshops are conducted by certified Teacher Consultants from the National Writing Project at Rider University.
Not only will your students become better readers and test-takers, they will learn to LOVE reading! The bonus for you is that you will also love teaching reading!
Dates: July 9-12
Time: 8:30 am to 1:00 pm
Place: Rider University
Cost: $150 per person, $125 if 3 or more register from a school district
• On line access to workshop handouts
• Membership to Readers Workshop Wiki
• Coffee and light refreshments
• PD hours
• Available for graduate credit from Rider University (contact email@example.com)